Welcome to the Gold Country
Cutting Horse Association
Our 2015 Top Ten Horse Babes Stylish Cat, owner/rider Jan Outman.
|March 6th||Club Show|
|March 25-27||PCCHA/NCHA Show – Tehama County Fairgrounds|
|April 3rd||Club Show|
|May 1st||Club Show|
|May 29th||Club Show|
|July 3rd||Club Show|
|August 7th||Club Show|
|September 4th||Club Show|
|October 2nd||Club Show|
|October 15th||Awards Banquet – Rancho Murieta Country Club|
Sign up for shows using the
ONLINE ENTRY FORM.
We will be showing at the same ranch we’ve been showing at for the past three seasons.
Click here for info on our big GCCHA Spring Spectacular in March!
Our 2016 Cutting Show season promises to be an exciting one, so come on out and join us at any
of our shows. Remember, if you plan on participating in a show, the deadline to
sign up is the Wednesday before the show.
View GCCHA Sponsors
The GCCHA appreciates each and every one of our sponsors for their support
throughout the season. If you would like to get involved as a sponsor,
we have a variety of sponsorship opportunites, including shows, buckles,
saddles, trophies, etc.
President’s Message – January 2016
2016 is here and the Gold Country Cutting Horse Association (GCCHA) is busy getting ready for the new show season. We hope everyone had a good Holiday Season and is ready for the new year. Here are some highlights and changes for 2016:
- We will be giving away 11 saddles again this year.
- We have increased the number of fresh cattle to 3 for the Open Class, which will require us to raise the entry fee by $50.
- We will run the Youth Class as one class. Points in this class will count towards the saddle. Junior and Senior scores will be separated and calculated separately for awarding points towards year-end awards in those two classes.
- The $15,000 Novice Class has been changed to the $25,000 Novice to conform to NCCHA class rules.
- We will be sponsoring an NCHA/PCCHA-approved show that will be in Red Bluff on March 25-27, 2016. We are excited to be going back to Red Bluff. The town’s people and the Fair Board really stepped up last year to welcome cutting back to Red Bluff. We think the show will be even better this year.
All of our GCCHA shows will be at the Miller Ranch in Lincoln, with the first one being March 6th. We are busy getting ready and will be bringing in additional sand to make sure the footing in the arenas stays good. Be sure to see our web page for the 2016 Show Schedule and mark the shows on your calendar.
Your Board of Directors continues to strive to put on the best cuttings possible with the idea that your show experience at a GCCHA Show should match or succeed any other cutting. If you have any ideas for how we can do a better job, or you would like to help out the Association feel free to contact any of the Board Members or me. See you at the first show.
Jim Tilton, President